Monday, January 12, 2009

It is only 11:47pm and everyone is finally asleep at my house. I decide that one of my goals for this year is to try and be better about my blog.

Today, Mike came with me to finally go grocery shopping. I've been putting it off because I hate to go by myself with the kids. He was a real trooper about it especially considering he had to work tonight. Anyway, it wore the youngest two out and they fell asleep on the way home and I figured that it would be OK for Erik to take a nap since it was only 1:30. I guess I was wrong since he still stayed up until 11:45. It doesn't seem to help if I let him sleep in either. He still seems to end up taking an afternoon nap. I guess I'll figure it out.

I really do love my life. I know that sounds crazy given how crazy my life seems at times but everything always has a way of working out for the best. I may not always recognize it at the time, but with patients in time I see how it has made me grow. My kids are growing so fast and some days I just wish I could make time stop and keep them little forever.

I am so geatful for a husband and family who love me and put up with all of my foibles. It just reminds me how much I have been blessed in my life. Life is good. I have two new mottos I am going to try and live by this year.
First: "Life is too short to be grumpy"
Second: "Learn to Laugh at yourself."

2 comments:

Lynn Gurney said...

We love you too. You're a great sister and mom.

Above and Beyond said...

Stephanie is GGGRRRREAT!